Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
About Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy
Centre for the Study of Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy: 2007 under Section 12 (B) of the UGC Act, 1956.
The centre will make efforts to create opportunities for quality higher education, intellectual reflection and to raise moral and ethical standards.
The Centre will make determined efforts to create intellectual environment in the spirit of critical insights and rational inquiry and to disseminate knowledge.
Thrust areas of the Centre
- Social Exclusion related to dalits, tribes, women, disabled and minorities
- Newer forms of social exclusion: Inter-regional labor flows, expanding informal sector, SEZs.
- Theoretical and empirical research on the mandatory theme
- The phenomena of Development and Deprivation in the era of liberalization of the economy.
Centre focus on the following issues:
- Conceptualizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion based on caste/ethnicity and religion.
- Developing understanding of the nature and dynamics of discrimination and exclusion.
- Contextualizing and problematizing discrimination, exclusion and inclusion
- Developing and understanding of discrimination at an empirical level.
- Formulating policies for protecting the rights of these groups and eradicating the problem of exclusion and discrimination.
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866 (from 9:30 am to 1:00 pm & 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm on working days including Saturday)